It’s been a crazy month for pet food and pet treat recalls –
- Natura Pet Products – Innova, Evo, California Natural – has issued a voluntary recall for various products due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Bravo! has issued a voluntarily recall for 2 lb tubes of Bravo! Raw Food Diet Chicken Blend for Dogs and Cats due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Diggin’ Your Dog, a Reno-based pet treat and supplement manufacturer, has issued a voluntary recall for one lot of its Strippin’ Chicks Pet Treats due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Diamond Pet Foods has issued a voluntarily recall on limited production codes due to possible low levels of thiamine (vitamin B1).
- Hy-Vee, an employee-owned corporation, has issued a voluntary recall for certain bags of Hy-Vee dog food due to elevated levels of a chemical contaminant commonly found in corn.
- Nutri-Vet voluntarily recalled its Nutri-Vet and NutriPet Chicken Jerky Products because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Kasel Associated Industries has issued a voluntary recall for certain products, including Boots & Barkley, BIXBI, Nature’s Deli, Colorado Naturals, Petco, and Best Bully Stick items due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Bill Jac has requested that a select number of retailers withdraw one small batch (256 cases) of 6 LB Adult Select Formula Bill Jac Dog Food (Only batch number 1792-02 (Expiration 27 DEC 13) is affected, all in only 6 LB bags) from their stores due to reports of mold in bags from this batch that was caused by higher moisture content in the food.
- The Honest Kitchen issued a voluntary nationwide recall of limited lots of Verve, Zeal, and Thrive products due to possible Salmonella contamination.
What in the world is going on in the pet food/treat industry????